02 Jun #TheShowMustBePaused
What started as a heads up from my old music industry colleagues, has now blossomed into a beautiful movement that every industry can participate in. If you are anything like me and my staff, our nights have been riddled with nightmares, our hearts heavy with sorrow, but we need to stay strong and fight the fight in a way so that true change that will actually last for future generations, will come to fruition.
In observance of #BlackoutTuesday, we here at Style Lush TV want to be absolutely clear that we are in support of #BlackLivesMatter today and every day. May this post be a lifelong stamp on this platform demonstrating where we stand on the matter and may our black colleagues, friends, families, and clients know that we stand by them in the fight for justice.
Today, the staff at Style Lush TV is off in observance of #TheShowMustBePaused as well. This is an initiative created by Atlantic Records exec Jamila Thomas and Platoon’s Brianna Agyemang, that posts several calls to action listed below, including a reading list called “Anti-Racism Resources.“
“Tuesday, June 2nd, is meant to intentionally disrupt the work week,” they wrote. “The music industry is a multi-billion dollar industry. An industry that has profited predominantly from Black art. Our mission is to hold the industry at large, including major corporations + their partners who benefit from the efforts, struggles and successes of Black people accountable. … This is not just a 24-hour initiative. We are and will be in this fight for the long haul. A plan of action will be announced.”
- If you have been impacted by the recent events, take a break – there is a lot going on and sometimes we all just need a minute. Take that minute.
- Help the family of George Floyd HERE.
- Fight for Breonna Taylor HERE.
- Help the family of Ahmaud Arbery HERE.
- Want to help protesters? Donate to one or more community bail funds HERE.
- Visit Movement For Black Lives for additional ways you can help the cause.
- Want to connect with leaders building grass roots campaigns? Click HERE.
- Are you an ally and want to learn more? Here are some anti-racism resources.
Please share, as those of us who are fighting for justice need things like this to go viral. Thank you Jamila Thomas and Brianna Agyemang, for sharing your several calls to action including a reading list called “Anti-Racism Resources” so that those of us who feel so scattered in heartache can find ways of helping. We will do our best to do our part and share this information with as many people as possible.🖤 #TheShowMustBePaused #BlackoutTuesday
-Burgundy Woods & The Entire Team at Style Lush TV