22 Jul City of San Antonio Launches COVID-19 Recovery Grant Program for Small Businesses and Nonprofits
As part of the Texas Fashion Industry Initiative, we here at Style Lush TV understand that the impact this global pandemic has had on our fashion industry and that now, more than ever, knowledge about grant opportunities is vital. In partnership with the non-profit organization LiftFund, the City of San Antonio is utilizing funding provided from the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act, also known as the CARES Act, to provide financial assistance in form of grants to small businesses and nonprofit organizations impacted financially by COVID-19.
Applications are STILL OPEN and available online until Monday, July 27, 2020 at 5 pm CST with $24.7 million available. LiftFund will administer the grants, and all completed applications will be reviewed for basic eligibility.
Grant eligibility criteria includes:
- Grant applicant must be authorized representative of business or non-profit organization;
- Businesses and nonprofits with twenty (20) employees or less including full-time, part-time or contract employees;
- Annual gross business revenue or nonprofit organization’s board approved budget less than $2 million;
- Located within San Antonio city limits and must be willing to remain within boundaries for at least one calendar year from the date of grant award;
- Business and non-profits must not be in the process of filing for bankruptcy;
- Demonstrate a loss of at least 15% of revenue for the period beginning March 1, 2020 due to the negative impact related to the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Business or nonprofit must be established prior to August 1, 2019;
- Businesses or nonprofits that received a grant through the Bexar County LiftFund Program are not eligible for grant consideration;
- financial interest, as defined in Sec. 2-53 of the City’s Ethics Code.
- Commitment to the Greater. SAfer. Together. Pledge.
Grants will be available in the following amounts:
|Grant Category||Grant Amount Up To|
Grant award limitations include:
- Limited to one per each physical address within the City of San Antonio;
- Only one grant will be awarded per business or non-profit with more than one location;
- Grant applicants are only eligible to receive one grant award.
Local community business organizations Centro, San Antonio for Growth on the Eastside (SAGE), the Westside Development Corporation (WDC), and Southside First will be available to provide application assistance to eligible businesses.
Grants will be awarded in August. Eligible businesses or nonprofits can apply for the grants by going to covid19.sanantonio.gov/recoverygrants or by calling 1-800-494-4973. Good Luck to our fashion community and for more opportunities, stay updated on Style Lush TV.