21 Apr Do you have what it takes to be a model? Join Texas’ biggest model casting May 10th in San Antonio!
Do you think you have what it takes to be a professional model? Are you seeking safe modeling agencies with a record of success? This May 10th, you may want to join the Fresh Face Model Casting for TEXAS FASHION WEEK™, supported by the CFDA!
This year, for the first time in American fashion industry history, the CFDA will support 10 select regional fashion weeks across America, and the Texas Fashion Industry Initiative has the honor of being the first and founding members of this elite selection. Thier new program called CFDA Connects will be amplifying all efforts for TEXAS FASHION WEEK™ and TFII programming in order to support the mission and discover new talent from Texas through TFII.
As is tradition, Style Lush TV will be hosting its annual Fresh Face Model Casting and the big prize this year? A possible resume booter as an official TEXAS FASHION WEEK™ model. As usual, Style Lush TV will be advocating for model rights and creating positive change within the modeling industry by handing out a list of safe and trusted modeling agencies should fresh faces wish to take their modeling career to the next level.
All types are welcome and encouraged to apply. Below are all the details. Good Luck to everyone!
- Must be available for TEXAS FASHION WEEK™ agenda October 1st-8th, with mandatory dates of the 5th-8th should you be chosen.
- Must be available the week prior for rehearsals.
- Must NOT be signed to a modeling or talent agency (Represented model castings will be held at a later time.)
- Must have reliable transportation and phone.
- If you are under 18, you must bring a parent with you and they must stay with you the entire casting.
- Must be willing to have a possible model-makeover done. This may include cutting your hair.
WHAT FRESH FACE MODELS GET IF SELECTED
- A new, professional model look provided by TEXAS FASHION WEEK’S Glam Squad Leader and veteran hair professionals. Our stylists constantly keep tabs on what’s trending at Milan, Paris, and New York Fashion Week and are award-winning hairstylists and educators. Executive Glam Squad staff will be selecting who they feel has a great look to “model makeover” and who could potentially pursue the modeling industry.
- A mini photoshoot featuring your New Model Look
- Clearance to add “Official TEXAS FASHION WEEK™ Model” to their new model resume. (Details will apply. More info shared upon selection.)
- Guidance towards professional model career representation opportunities with agencies we trust
WHAT TO WEAR TO THE CASTING
- Keep it simple. Please.
- Skinny jeans or pants that are not loose or baggy. A very simple fitted black or white tank or tee
- Ladies: Heels (We need to see you walk in heels)
- Ladies: DO NOT wear a lot of makeup. Please keep it natural. Our stylist needs to see your face so she can clearly see the potential for a possible makeover.
- No fancy hair. Wear your hair down. Our stylist needs to see your hair down so she can clearly see potential for a possible makeover. Men, keep it simple. No baggy clothes.
CASTING CALL INFO
- Date: May 10th
5:30pm – Check-In
6:00pm – Casting
8:00pm – Callbacks/Polaroids
- Location: BRICK at Blue Star located in Southtown The Arts District. 108 Blue Star #1773, San Antonio, TX 78204
- Parking: Plenty of Free Parking at Blue Start Arts Complex · 108 Blue Star #1773, San Antonio, TX 78204
- COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.
To qualify you must fill out the application at TexasFashionWeek.Org by May, 5th, 5pm. Upon arrival, you will need to check-in with a photo ID and get registered. We will pull your online registration form to identify your qualification to be there and you will get assigned your number. Please arrive early for registration. The Casting Call will start at 6 pm sharp with a hard stop at 8 pm! We will announce call-back numbers at the end of the walking portion and will need all callbacks to take your photograph, so please do not leave. If you leave, you will be disqualified. We will also need to confirm your contact information and further details. Again, should you be selected, DO NOT LEAVE. Stay and make sure that staff gets all the necessary contact information needed to get you signed up and ready for your next steps. Good Luck and See You There!
Featured image showcases photography by unspalsh talent 📸 AIONY, 📸 Jessica Felicio, 📸 Karsten Mendez Diniz, 📸 Hunt Wilson, 📸 Rafaella Mendez, 📸 Jonathan Borba, 📸 Peter Sjo, 📸 Kareya Saleh, 📸 Joanna Nix, 📸 Matheus Ferrero
CONTENT SEEN ON STYLE LUSH TV IS SUBMITTED BY PRESS RELEASE AND PR REPRESENTATION. ALL PHOTOS HAVE BEEN PRE APPROVED FOR PUBLISHING BY THIS REPRESENTATION. TO SUBMIT A PRESS RELEASE, CLICK THE ‘SUBMIT PRESS RELEASE’ LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE WEBSITE.
STYLE LUSH TV SERVES AS THE GLOBAL AWARENESS DEPARTMENT OF THE TEXAS FASHION INDUSTRY INITIATIVE, A 501C3 CHARITY ADVOCATING FOR THE TEXAS FASHION INDUSTRY. AS THE GLOBAL AWARENESS DEPARTMENT, IT IS AN EDUCATIONAL ENVIRONMENT THAT SERVES ASPIRING FASHION MEDIA TALENT THROUGH FREE EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION PROGRAMS, AND OTHER TYPES OF TRAINING TO PRODUCE PUBLISHED WORKS THAT HELP ELEVATE CAREERS.