05 May Two major modeling opportunities in San Antonio, Texas coming this upcoming week!
Do you think you have what it takes to be a professional model? Are you already signed and looking to work TEXAS FASHION WEEK™ as supported by the CFDA? Then this upcoming Monday and Saturday, May 10th & May 15th, you may want to join one of these two huge opportunities and get your foot in the door with the Texas Fashion Industry Initiative.
This year, for the first time in American fashion industry history, the CFDA will support 10 select regional fashion weeks across America, and the Texas Fashion Industry Initiative has the honor of being the first and founding members of this elite selection. Their new program called CFDA Connects will be amplifying all efforts for TEXAS FASHION WEEK™ and TFII programming in order to support the mission and discover new talent from Texas through TFII.
What this means is that all programming in association with the Texas Fashion Industry Initiative now has elite support behind it and top industry eyes on it and so it is an exciting time for any fashion professional to be associated with TFII. Currently, TEXAS FASHION WEEK™ is seeking new aspiring models and fundraising for professional model salaries and you could be part of the fun and career development.
UNSIGNED, ASPIRING MODELS
As is tradition, Style Lush TV will be hosting its annual Fresh Face Model Casting and the big prize this year? A possible resume booster as an official TEXAS FASHION WEEK™ model. As usual, Style Lush TV will be advocating for model rights and creating positive change within the modeling industry by handing out a list of safe and trusted modeling agencies should fresh faces wish to take their modeling career to the next level. All types are welcome and encouraged to apply. Below are all the details. Good Luck to everyone!
- Must be available for TEXAS FASHION WEEK™ agenda October 1st-8th, with mandatory dates of the 5th-8th should you be chosen.
- Must be available the week prior for rehearsals.
- Must NOT be signed to a modeling or talent agency (Represented model castings will be held at a later time.)
- Must have reliable transportation and phone.
- If you are under 18, you must bring a parent with you and they must stay with you the entire casting.
- Must be willing to have a possible model-makeover done. This may include cutting your hair.
WHAT FRESH FACE MODELS GET IF SELECTED
- A new, professional model look provided by TEXAS FASHION WEEK’S Glam Squad Leader and veteran hair professionals. Our stylists constantly keep tabs on what’s trending at Milan, Paris, and New York Fashion Week and are award-winning hairstylists and educators. Executive Glam Squad staff will be selecting who they feel has a great look to “model makeover” and who could potentially pursue the modeling industry.
- A mini photoshoot featuring your New Model Look
- Clearance to add “Official TEXAS FASHION WEEK™ Model” to their new model resume. (Details will apply. More info shared upon selection.)
- Guidance towards professional model career representation opportunities with agencies we trust
WHAT TO WEAR TO THE CASTING
- Keep it simple. Please.
- Skinny jeans or pants that are not loose or baggy. A very simple fitted black or white tank or tee
- Ladies: Heels (We need to see you walk in heels)
- Ladies: DO NOT wear a lot of makeup. Please keep it natural. Our stylist needs to see your face so she can clearly see the potential for a possible makeover.
- No fancy hair. Wear your hair down. Our stylist needs to see your hair down so she can clearly see potential for a possible makeover. Men, keep it simple. No baggy clothes.
CASTING CALL INFO
- Date: May 10th
5:30pm – Check-In
6:00pm – Casting
8:00pm – Callbacks/Polaroids
- Location: BRICK at Blue Star located in Southtown The Arts District. 108 Blue Star #1773, San Antonio, TX 78204
- Parking: Plenty of Free Parking at Blue Start Arts Complex · 108 Blue Star #1773, San Antonio, TX 78204
- COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.
To qualify you must fill out the application at TexasFashionWeek.Org by May, 5th, 5pm. Upon arrival, you will need to check-in with a photo ID and get registered. We will pull your online registration form to identify your qualification to be there and you will get assigned your number. Please arrive early for registration. The Casting Call will start at 6 pm sharp with a hard stop at 8 pm! We will announce call-back numbers at the end of the walking portion and will need all callbacks to take your photograph, so please do not leave. If you leave, you will be disqualified. We will also need to confirm your contact information and further details. Again, should you be selected, DO NOT LEAVE. Stay and make sure that staff gets all the necessary contact information needed to get you signed up and ready for your next steps. Good Luck and See You There!
As part of our ongoing mission to advocate for the modeling industry and fundraise for fair pay for Professional Models, TEXAS FASHION WEEK™ is excited to host a Model Pose Off Contest! The brainchild of TFII Member Theresa Satterwhite, Owner Layla’s Loft Boutique, LL Designs, and Luxe Loft Model Agency, this fun and creative way to fundraise will happen May 15th with the theme of “The Future”. All Models signed to an Agency, without a “no contest” clause in their contracts are invited to show up in their most editorial interpretation of “The Future”, then compete in a Pose Off featuring our volunteer photographers. Pictures will be posted online at TexasFashionWeek.Org so that the public can discover Texas models, DONATE & VOTE! Whoever wins the vote will get featured on Style Lush TV and receive a paid modeling job at TEXAS FASHION WEEK™.
Here are the details:
- Must be signed to a modeling agency
- Must not have a “no contest” clause in their contracts
- If you are under 18, you must bring a parent with you and they must stay with you the entire time.
- Must participate in the dress code theme. All models not dressed in theme will not be eligible to compete.
- Must be available to work between October 1st-8th with mandatory rehearsals beforehand, should you win.
WHAT THE WINNER GETS
- The winner will receive a guaranteed paid job as a TEXAS FASHION WEEK™ model. Details to follow after the win.
- Clearance to add “Official TEXAS FASHION WEEK™ Model” to their model resume. Details to follow after the win.
WHAT TO WEAR
- The Theme this year is THE FUTURE – Editorial.
- Go all out! Silvers, Whites, Space, Avant-Garde, Technology, TRON, whatever your imagination interprets as THE FUTURE in an Editorial style, go for that.
- We would like to thank F.I.G. for sponsoring the venue and TFII Member Theresa Satterwhite, Owner Layla’s Loft Boutique, LL Designs, and Luxe Loft Model Agency for designing this fundraiser in an effort to advocate for the Modeling Agency Industry through the TFII Mission.
- Location: (F.I.G) 4218 Centergate St, San Antonio, TX 78217
- Must register by May 10th, 5pm. All applications sent after will not be eligible.
- Space is organized in time slots. Time slots are extremely limited.
ONGOING FUNDRAISER FOR SIGNED MODELS
If you would like to donate to the cause, simply go to TexasFashionWeek.Org, scroll down and look for the clickable ad, or, simply click on the image above now. This is an ongoing fundraiser available to the public, 24 hours a day/7 days a week in an effort to advocate for fair pay to our models during our COVID relief year. The goal for fair-pay fundraising this year is $15,000. Any amount will help and 100% of these funds go directly towards advocating for fair-pay for agency models during TEXAS FASHION WEEK™ by using this link. We thank you in advance and sincerely ask that you spread this link around to support our model fundraiser cause. https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=NVLH839J5XTAL
Featured images on fresh face casting showcases photography by unspalsh talent 📸 AIONY, 📸 Jessica Felicio, 📸 Karsten Mendez Diniz, 📸 Hunt Wilson, 📸 Rafaella Mendez, 📸 Jonathan Borba, 📸 Peter Sjo, 📸 Kareya Saleh, 📸 Joanna Nix, 📸 Matheus Ferrero
CONTENT SEEN ON STYLE LUSH TV IS SUBMITTED BY PRESS RELEASE AND PR REPRESENTATION. ALL PHOTOS HAVE BEEN PRE APPROVED FOR PUBLISHING BY THIS REPRESENTATION. TO SUBMIT A PRESS RELEASE, CLICK THE ‘SUBMIT PRESS RELEASE’ LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE WEBSITE.
STYLE LUSH TV SERVES AS THE GLOBAL AWARENESS DEPARTMENT OF THE TEXAS FASHION INDUSTRY INITIATIVE, A 501C3 CHARITY ADVOCATING FOR THE TEXAS FASHION INDUSTRY. AS THE GLOBAL AWARENESS DEPARTMENT, IT IS AN EDUCATIONAL ENVIRONMENT THAT SERVES ASPIRING FASHION MEDIA TALENT THROUGH FREE EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION PROGRAMS, AND OTHER TYPES OF TRAINING TO PRODUCE PUBLISHED WORKS THAT HELP ELEVATE CAREERS.