03 Jun Giving your Clothes a New Life: The Conscious Closet Pop-Up from Austin, Texas!
Want to help the sustainable movement while supporting immigrant families in need? Well, Style Lush TV’s got the insight into a great Texas event happening this weekend. Bring your gently used clothing to Lever Craft Coffee shop this Saturday, June 5, 2021, to support Casa Marianella and Magpies & Peacocks. Casa Marianella is a shelter that helps immigrants by providing housing for single mothers, resident case management and offers 35 beds for single men and women. Magpies & Peacocks is a design house that supports sustainability and education with post-consumer textile up-cycled products and resources for emerging designers.
Photo credit to Hannah Goetz Organizing Facebook page.
Anxious to donate? Here is the breakdown of currently accepted items for each non-profit:
- gently used men’s work shoes
- gently used men’s boots
- gently used any size black shoes
- gently used men’s athletic shoes
- gently used men’s work pants, sizes 28-40 specifically khaki or black
- gently used men’s button-up shirts, sizes S, M, L
- gently used men’s belts
Magpies & Peacocks
- gently used women’s and men’s cocktail wear
- and formal wear
- textile scripts, and fabrics
- accessories: handbags, women’s belts, and jewelry.
- children’s clothing gently used free of stains
These bins will be designated by charity and if possible, they are requesting the items to be pre-sorted.
RSVP for this event today and learn more about the organizers, and the non-profits they’re supporting with the following links below.